Breast plastic surgery
There are three general categories of cosmetic surgery performed on the breasts (also called mammoplasty):
- breast augmentation,
- breast reduction,
- breast reconstruction.
Breast augmentation is performed to enhance the appearance, size, and contour of a woman’s breasts. Women think of breast augmentation for many different reasons. Some women feel their breasts are too small. Some desire augmentation after their breasts change after pregnancy. Others want to correct an asymmetry in the breast size.
Breast augmentation is performed with implants that can be placed under or over a chest muscle.
Breast reduction surgery is generally intended for women with large, heavy breasts who experience significant discomfort including neck pain, back pain, and numbness or weakness due to the weight of the breasts. During this procedure, excess skin, fat, and breast tissue are removed.
After surgery, breast reduction can cause a change in breast sensation as well as the inability to breastfeed.
After breast reduction, most women report relief from the symptoms caused by having oversized breasts.
Breast reconstruction surgery is often performed in women who undergo mastectomy as a treatment for breast cancer.
Benefits of breast plastic surgery at Deva Clinique:
- Breast augmentation and correction of breast volume and size
- Restoration of visual balance between the breasts and thighs
- Increase of self-esteem and self-confidence
- Breast implants can also be used for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or injury
Types of breast surgery performed at Deva Clinique medical center:
- Breast enlargement (augmentation mammoplasty)
- Breast areola correction
- Breast implant replacement
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty)
- Male chest enhancement (pectoral augmentation)
- Male gynecomastia